My practice accepts insurance for patients. To best serve you, I verify your insurance benefits before you arrive. Please click the link below and complete the online form. I will contact you as soon as the benefits are established.
- Holistic Alternativesat Essentials Day Spa
34302 US Hwy 19 N
Palm Harbor, FL 34684
Appointments @Essentials Day Spa:
Palm Harbor HoursMon-Fri10am to 8pmSat10am to 6pmSun10am to 4pm
Most Insurance Accepted
- New Patient Clinic FormsPlease print & fill out our clinic forms to speed up your intake process during your 1st visit.
Dear LI community,
As you already know, the Coronavirus (COVID-19) is very real and it is everyone’s responsibility to help keep our community safe from the rapid spread of Coronavirus. To help slow the spread of this virus, it is now more important than ever to take an abundance of caution to help protect you, your family, our community and our healthcare system. Prevention is the best medicine. Below are some resources for our patients and community during this critical time.
What You Can Do To Take Care Of Yourself
The most important things you can do to support your immune system are basic:
- Don’t panic. Stress is bad for your immune system. It’s normal to have worried thoughts. Just don’t entertain them for too long. Make some time to do something enjoyable each day and connect with loved ones.
- Wash your hands frequently and don’t touch your face unless you just washed your hands.
- Get enough sleep. Turn off the screens and start winding down a little earlier.
- Drink lots of water to support healthy mucous membranes as a first line of defense. Hot water and tea have been shown to inhibit viruses in our throat.
- Eat more nutrient dense whole foods, soups, and bone broth.
- Eat less inflammatory foods: sugar, industrial seed oils, processed foods, alcohol, and foods you are sensitive to (wheat, dairy, eggs, nightshades etc.)
- Support lung health by doing some even breathing, preferably outdoors in fresh air, to move circulation and clear out toxins. Breath in through your nose for a count of 5, hold for 1 count, then out through your mouth for a count of 5, hold for 1 count. Repeat. Make counts even and not too long that you struggle.
What You Can Do To Help Boost Your Immune System
- Probiotics are an important part of your immune system. They’re available in fermented foods such as yogurt, kefir, raw sauerkraut, specifically labeled pickles, miso, kombucha (careful because it can contain lots of sugar and some caffeine). Consider supplementing with a concentrated pill or powder.
- Elderberry syrup is a go to recommendation for antiviral support that you can order online or get at Whole Foods.
- Vitamin C, Vitamin D, and Zinc are also good supplements to boost your immune system.
If you are feeling ill, or experiencing any of the following symptoms, please limit your exposure to other people in your community.
By taking action, you will significantly delay the spread of COVID-19:
- Fever (oral temperature 100.4° or higher) or symptoms of fever (such as chills or body aches) within the past 24 hours. Please do not consider yourself fever-free until your temperature has been normal for at least 24 hours without the use of Tylenol (acetaminophen). The World Health Organization (WHO) currently recommends avoiding Advil (ibuprofen) and other NSAIDs for COVID-19 symptoms until more information is available.
- Shortness of breath and/or cough that is not known to be caused by another condition (for example allergies).
- Travel within the past 14 days to areas that have people known to be infected with COVID-19.
- Close contact with a person known/suspected to be infected with COVID-19 within the past 14 days.
- Healthcare workers who have been in contact with patients known/suspected to be infected with COVID-19 within the past 14 days.