My practice accepts insurance for patients. To best serve you, I can verify your insurance benefits before you arrive. Please click on the link below and complete the online form. I will contact you as soon as the benefits are established.
- Holistic Alternativesat Essentials Day Spa
34302 US Hwy 19 N
Palm Harbor, FL 34684
Appointments @Essentials Day Spa:
Palm Harbor HoursMon-Fri10am to 8pmSat10am to 6pmSun10am to 4pm
Most Insurance Accepted
- New Patient Clinic FormsPlease print & fill out our clinic forms to speed up your intake process during your 1st visit.
Dear LI community,
As you already know, the Coronavirus (COVID-19) is very real and it is everyone’s responsibility to help keep our community safe from the rapid spread of Coronavirus. To help slow the spread of this virus, it is now more important than ever to take an abundance of caution to help protect you, your family, our community and our healthcare system. Prevention is the best medicine. Below are some resources for our patients and community during this critical time.
What You Can Do To Take Care Of Yourself
The most important things you can do to support your immune system are basic:
- Don’t panic. Stress is bad for your immune system. It’s normal to have worried thoughts. Just don’t entertain them for too long. Make some time to do something enjoyable each day and connect with loved ones.
- Wash your hands frequently and don’t touch your face unless you just washed your hands.
- Get enough sleep. Turn off the screens and start winding down a little earlier.
- Drink lots of water to support healthy mucous membranes as a first line of defense. Hot water and tea have been shown to inhibit viruses in our throat.
- Eat more nutrient dense whole foods, soups, and bone broth.
- Eat less inflammatory foods: sugar, industrial seed oils, processed foods, alcohol, and foods you are sensitive to (wheat, dairy, eggs, nightshades etc.)
- Support lung health by doing some even breathing, preferably outdoors in fresh air, to move circulation and clear out toxins. Breath in through your nose for a count of 5, hold for 1 count, then out through your mouth for a count of 5, hold for 1 count. Repeat. Make counts even and not too long that you struggle.
What You Can Do To Help Boost Your Immune System
- Probiotics are an important part of your immune system. They’re available in fermented foods such as yogurt, kefir, raw sauerkraut, specifically labeled pickles, miso, kombucha (careful because it can contain lots of sugar and some caffeine). Consider supplementing with a concentrated pill or powder.
- Elderberry syrup is a go to recommendation for antiviral support that you can order online or get at Whole Foods.
- Vitamin C, Vitamin D, and Zinc are also good supplements to boost your immune system.
If you are feeling ill, or experiencing any of the following symptoms, please limit your exposure to other people in your community.
By taking action, you will significantly delay the spread of COVID-19:
- Fever (oral temperature 100.4° or higher) or symptoms of fever (such as chills or body aches) within the past 24 hours. Please do not consider yourself fever-free until your temperature has been normal for at least 24 hours without the use of Tylenol (acetaminophen). The World Health Organization (WHO) currently recommends avoiding Advil (ibuprofen) and other NSAIDs for COVID-19 symptoms until more information is available.
- Shortness of breath and/or cough that is not known to be caused by another condition (for example allergies).
- Travel within the past 14 days to areas that have people known to be infected with COVID-19.
- Close contact with a person known/suspected to be infected with COVID-19 within the past 14 days.
- Healthcare workers who have been in contact with patients known/suspected to be infected with COVID-19 within the past 14 days.
While these times may feel unusually challenging, please know we will continue to monitor the current situation and evaluate additional measures to help support our patients, employees and community. Thank you and stay safe.
Gift certificates can be used for any Holistic Alternatives treatment:
- Massage Therapy
- Massage Chair Time
- AcuGraph Scans
In addition to our primary space in Palm Harbor, FL, we have added a second location in Sayville, NY for your added convenience.
Holistic Alternatives’ new (additional) location is:
275 West Main Street Sayville, NY 11782
Holistic Alternatives is “At Your Service”
When booking a session at our natural pain and stress relief centers, you receive much greater value compared to other massage-only places that give you a 50 minute massage with no other added modalities (unless paying extra for them).
At Holistic Alternatives, you receive the added value of experiencing all modalities during your session, at your discretion.
This can include: Therapeutic Massage (while laying on an Amethyst Biomat), Acupuncture, Cupping, Reiki, Nutrition and more. All of this combined can give you the most optimal and effective pain and/or stress relief.
New Sayville location deals:
30 minutes for $60
60 minutes for $90
Treating now in both Palm Harbor & Sayville locations!
380 Park Avenue Palm Harbor, FL 11743
275 West Main Street Sayville, NY 11782
Available appointment hours:
(Closed Sundays both locations)
Wednesday 8am – 8pm
Friday 8am – 3pm
Monday, Tuesday & Thurs 8am – 8pm
Saturday 8am – 3pm
$ Most Insurances Accepted
NYSHIP (New York Society for Health Planning) Accepted
Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA) & Health Savings Accounts (HSA) accepted as payment.
Back to School Giving you a Headache? Holistic Alternatives accepts NYSHP plans.
Teachers of Long Island: we welcome you back to a new school year! We know that all you do to educate your students can take a toll on your mental and physical health and well-being. That’s why we accept NYSHP plans. Together, Empire and Holistic alternatives are helping you to access treatments to reduce stress, improve wellness, and improve your mood so that you can be a happier and more productive teacher.
Holistic Alternatives provides holistic wellness services that may be covered by your NYSHP plan. Therapeutic massage, acupuncture, and cupping are just three of the services offered by Holistic Alternatives that can help you move easier, think more clearly, and boost your immune system.
Beyond the obvious benefit of relaxation, therapeutic massage has numerous positive health benefits that can improve your mental and physical well-being. Therapeutic massage can increase circulation, lower blood pressure, reduce pain, alleviate muscle tension, and treat soft tissue injuries. Therapeutic massage can be tailored to your individual needs, addressing a range of health issues, including repetitive stress injuries, migraines, frozen shoulder, and tendonitis.
These and other benefits help improve your mood and can improve your job performance. For instance, massage can improve your concentration, allowing you to focus on your students. Massage can even enhance your immune system, helping you stay healthy even when a bug is going around your classroom.
Acupuncture involves inserting extremely thin needles into acupuncture points (or “acupoints”) on your body in order to stimulate them. Activating certain points and constellations of points provide a drug-free means of treating various health concerns. An ancient technique and mainstay of Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM), acupuncture can alleviate the symptoms of many common ailments. The range is broad, and acupuncture can address issues ranging from headaches to arthritis.
Students have you stressed? Acupuncture has been shown to influence the regulation of cortisol, a stress hormone, helping prevent elevated levels in response to chronic stress. Neck and joint pain from late night grading and carrying papers? Acupuncture can address that. It can even address the eye strain. Like massage, acupuncture can help improve your immune system, providing extra armor during cold season and back to school. Acupuncture can also address allergies and increase your overall energy.
Cupping involves placing cups on the skin to create suction. The cups are placed in specific spots depending on what they are intending to treat. It is normal for this process to leave a mark, or “hickey”, in the location where the cup was placed. The method has been popular with swimmers, and you may recognize these marks from Olympic swimming events.
Cupping can be effective in the management of pain, sports recovery, and the management of some skin conditions. Is teaching giving you high blood pressure, migrates, or anxiety? According to the British Cupping Society, cupping may be effective in addressing these and other conditions.
Back to School Wellness
These are just three of the forms of holistic therapy that Holistic Alternatives may add to your teaching toolkit with the assistance of your NYSHP plan. Together, Holistic Alternatives and Empire can help you to not only be a more effective educator, but a happier and healthier person.
Robert Lutz, L.Ac., LMT, Diplomate of Oriental Medicine
Healing Center for Body, Mind & Spirit
Contact Robert Lutz to schedule an appointment:
Texts welcome (727) 266-3000.
TCM practitioner for over 20 yrs:
- Licensed Acupuncturist
- Licensed Massage Therapist
- Diplomate of Oriental Medicine
- Reiki Master
“I offer alternatives to harsh drugs & invasive procedures when practical & safe to do so. I believe in supporting the healing qualities & wisdom of your body. Clients receive quality care with uninterrupted attention for 60 minutes or longer per session.”
Acupuncture Happy Hour
Free ear treatments for stress reduction / cravings.
Friday, May 10 & 17, 2019
5:00 pm – 8:00 pm
Stressed? Back Pain? Headaches? Who knew the answer was in your ears!
Auricular therapy is the stimulation of pressure points on the ear.
Often described as reflexology for the ear, there’s hundreds of points on the ear believed to represent a micro-system of the whole body, with points for areas both physical and emotional.
During our Acupuncture Happy Hour, try out one or all of our services:
- Free mini treatments
- Hospitality & Kombucha tasting
- AcuGraph scans
- Full body massage chairs
Holistic Alternatives “Feel Better Naturally”
380 Park Avenue Palm Harbor, NY 11743
Please call / email Robert Lutz for more info.
(727) 266-3000 | firstname.lastname@example.org
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), people who suffer from high LDL cholesterol are twice as likely to develop heart disease – the number one cause of death in both men and women (source). High levels of LDL cholesterol is a serious health condition that affects approximately 71 million adults in the U.S. (1 out 3). But an ancient Chinese herb is turning heads in the medical community due to its surprisingly powerful effects on cholesterol levels.