My practice accepts insurance for patients. To best serve you, I can verify your insurance benefits before you arrive. Please click on the link below and complete the online form. I will contact you as soon as the benefits are established.
- Holistic Alternativesat Essentials Day Spa
34302 US Hwy 19 N
Palm Harbor, FL 34684
Appointments @Essentials Day Spa:
Palm Harbor HoursMon-Fri10am to 8pmSat10am to 6pmSun10am to 4pm
Most Insurance Accepted
- New Patient Clinic FormsPlease print & fill out our clinic forms to speed up your intake process during your 1st visit.
Gift Certificates Available for Holistic Wellness Clinic in Palm Harbor, FL
Give The Gift Of Healing
Purchase a gift certificate for any Holistic Alternatives treatment:
- Massage Therapy
- Massage Chair Time
- Acupuncture / Acupressure
- AcuGraph Scan
- Cupping Therapy
- Light Therapy
- Herbal Medicine
Can Be Used For Single Treatments Or A Combination Of Services
Gift Certificates Available Now!
COVID-19: Immunity & Our LI Community
Dear LI community,
As you already know, the Coronavirus (COVID-19) is very real and it is everyone’s responsibility to help keep our community safe from the rapid spread of Coronavirus. To help slow the spread of this virus, it is now more important than ever to take an abundance of caution to help protect you, your family, our community and our healthcare system. Prevention is the best medicine. Below are some resources for our patients and community during this critical time.
What You Can Do To Take Care Of Yourself
The most important things you can do to support your immune system are basic:
- Don’t panic. Stress is bad for your immune system. It’s normal to have worried thoughts. Just don’t entertain them for too long. Make some time to do something enjoyable each day and connect with loved ones.
- Wash your hands frequently and don’t touch your face unless you just washed your hands.
- Get enough sleep. Turn off the screens and start winding down a little earlier.
- Drink lots of water to support healthy mucous membranes as a first line of defense. Hot water and tea have been shown to inhibit viruses in our throat.
- Eat more nutrient dense whole foods, soups, and bone broth.
- Eat less inflammatory foods: sugar, industrial seed oils, processed foods, alcohol, and foods you are sensitive to (wheat, dairy, eggs, nightshades etc.)
- Support lung health by doing some even breathing, preferably outdoors in fresh air, to move circulation and clear out toxins. Breath in through your nose for a count of 5, hold for 1 count, then out through your mouth for a count of 5, hold for 1 count. Repeat. Make counts even and not too long that you struggle.
What You Can Do To Help Boost Your Immune System
- Probiotics are an important part of your immune system. They’re available in fermented foods such as yogurt, kefir, raw sauerkraut, specifically labeled pickles, miso, kombucha (careful because it can contain lots of sugar and some caffeine). Consider supplementing with a concentrated pill or powder.
- Elderberry syrup is a go to recommendation for antiviral support that you can order online or get at Whole Foods.
- Vitamin C, Vitamin D, and Zinc are also good supplements to boost your immune system.
If you are feeling ill, or experiencing any of the following symptoms, please limit your exposure to other people in your community.
By taking action, you will significantly delay the spread of COVID-19:
- Fever (oral temperature 100.4° or higher) or symptoms of fever (such as chills or body aches) within the past 24 hours. Please do not consider yourself fever-free until your temperature has been normal for at least 24 hours without the use of Tylenol (acetaminophen). The World Health Organization (WHO) currently recommends avoiding Advil (ibuprofen) and other NSAIDs for COVID-19 symptoms until more information is available.
- Shortness of breath and/or cough that is not known to be caused by another condition (for example allergies).
- Travel within the past 14 days to areas that have people known to be infected with COVID-19.
- Close contact with a person known/suspected to be infected with COVID-19 within the past 14 days.
- Healthcare workers who have been in contact with patients known/suspected to be infected with COVID-19 within the past 14 days.
Up-to-date COVID-19 Data from the World Health Organization
For the current number of cases worldwide, the World Health Organization maintains a COVID-19 Situation Report worldwide. Click here.
While these times may feel unusually challenging, please know we will continue to monitor the current situation and evaluate additional measures to help support our patients, employees and community. Thank you and stay safe.
Holistic Alternatives Gift Certificates
Looking for a last minute gift idea?
Share the joy of holistic wellness with your loved ones!
Contact Robert Lutz to purchase gift certificates today:
Gift certificates can be used for any Holistic Alternatives treatment:
- Massage Therapy
- Massage Chair Time
- AcuGraph Scans
Holistic Alternatives’ new (additional) location in Sayville, NY
In addition to our primary space in Palm Harbor, FL, we have added a second location in Sayville, NY for your added convenience.
Holistic Alternatives’ new (additional) location is:
275 West Main Street Sayville, NY 11782
Holistic Alternatives is “At Your Service”
When booking a session at our natural pain and stress relief centers, you receive much greater value compared to other massage-only places that give you a 50 minute massage with no other added modalities (unless paying extra for them).
At Holistic Alternatives, you receive the added value of experiencing all modalities during your session, at your discretion.
This can include: Therapeutic Massage (while laying on an Amethyst Biomat), Acupuncture, Cupping, Reiki, Nutrition and more. All of this combined can give you the most optimal and effective pain and/or stress relief.
New Sayville location deals:
30 minutes for $60
60 minutes for $90
Treating now in both Palm Harbor & Sayville locations!
380 Park Avenue Palm Harbor, FL 11743
275 West Main Street Sayville, NY 11782
Available appointment hours:
(Closed Sundays both locations)
Wednesday 8am – 8pm
Friday 8am – 3pm
Monday, Tuesday & Thurs 8am – 8pm
Saturday 8am – 3pm
Contact Robert Lutz to schedule an appointment:
Texts welcome: (727) 266-3000
$ Most Insurances Accepted
NYSHIP (New York Society for Health Planning) Accepted
Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA) & Health Savings Accounts (HSA) accepted as payment.
Healthy Foods for Fall
The season of fall brings cooler weather and shorter days. As with any season, the world adjusts accordingly. Plants begin to go dormant, animals begin scrounging for food to store to get them through the upcoming winter months and humans start winterizing everything.
As fall descends on the land, it reminds us we need to start cutting back on the numerous cooling foods that are consumed during the summer months. Things like raw foods, salads, juices and fruits should be decreased because they can create too much cold in the body, according to traditional Chinese medicine. continue reading
Five Reasons to Get Acupuncture for Low Back Pain
Statistics show eight out of 10 people will experience low back pain at some point during their life. Seeking medical treatment for back pain is very common. Typically back pain is fleeting and can be easily resolved with rest, heat and an occasional anti-inflammatory like ibuprofen. However, once the damage is done, the recurrence of back pain can be as high as 50 percent. Part of this is because as we age, things like muscles and tendons become less flexible and pliable. It is also very well known in the United States, people are too sedentary and this leads to excess weight gain that can create added pressure on the body, especially the low back. continue reading
During the summer solstice your yang energy reaches its peak. It is important to harness the peak of this yang energy, because as summer shifts into fall yang energy will decline. This great abundance of yang energy will translate throughout your body because during this season you are active and growing.
According to five element theory, during the summer the organ that receives extra energy is the heart. When the seasons change so do the organs we should focus on in the body. You should focus on the heart during summer. Feed the heart heart-nourishing foods and make sure to remain active so the heart receives positive energy. continue reading
Heart Afire: The Fire Element
The organs in Chinese medicine are more than just a physical representation. The organs include not only their physiological function, but also their mental, emotional, spiritual and elemental qualities that align with nature and the seasons. Let’s explore the heart.
The heart season is summer, and heart is considered the most yang: hot, bountiful and abundant. Yang is what is bright, moving, outward, hot and loud. Yin is what is more inward, still, dark and cooler. The color of the heart is associated with red, the climate is heat, the flavor is bitter and it’s paired organ is the small intestine (many urinary issues are due to “heart fire” heat descending). The sense aligned with heart is the tongue, and the vessels associated with heart are the tissues. The heart sound is laughing, and the emotion is joy. The heart houses what is known as the shen, which is the mind and spirit. continue reading